- Ready In:
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash cinnamon
- 2⁄3 cup soymilk (more if needed)
- 1⁄2 banana (very ripe and mashed)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon together.
- In another bowl, combine all other ingredients.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir well.
- Add more soy milk if batter is too thick.
- Cook on medium-high heat till browned on both sides.
- Serve with maple syrup, icing sugar or jam.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I liked this recipe. I used Almondmilk instead of soy, and I used a whole banana. The rest of the recipe I did step by step. The problem is, that it seemed to lack flavor. Maybe I need to add a bit more cinnamon or borwn sugar...not sure yet. I think it is a great recipe, but I need to just tweek it more to get the desired flavor. Thank you for the recipe!1Replies 1
This is our standard weekend breakfast! We have both soy milk and regular milk on hand in my household and its great to have a recipe that uses the soy milk. I always use at least 1.5 cups of soy milk with this recipe otherwise the consistency of the batter is very similar to banana bread. A great recipe all around!Reply
We thought these were lovely. We had them as a weekend breakfast treat - not too heavy or sweet and just the right amount for two people. Like the other reviews, I also didn't use soy milk (used normal semi-skimmed milk) plus I added about half a cup extra milk until the batter looked right for pancakes. Yum!Reply
see 8 more