Banana-Nut Pound Cake
photo by Jellyqueen
- Ready In:
- 1hr 39mins
- 3 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 medium bananas, mashed (about 1 cup)
- 1⁄4 cup Bourbon or 1/4 cup low-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease and flour a 10-inch fluted tube pan; set aside.
- In a bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl beat cream cheese and butter with an electric mixer on medium speed until combined. Gradually add sugar, beating about 7 minutes or until light.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating 1 minute after each addition; scrape bowl frequently.
- In a separate bowl combine bananas, bourbon and vanilla. Alternately add flour mixture and banana mixture to butter mixture; beat on low to medium speed after each addition just until combined. Stir in pecans. Spread evenly into prepared pan.
- Bake 80 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool cake in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan; cool on rack.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar. To acquire an even sprinkling, use a sieve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm just me, mother, grandmother...friend to many and a Louisianian. My Cajun and French Quarter Italian descent afforded me exposure to some of the best of foods. My passions are my family, decorating, cooking and gardening. Those very passions push me into constant awareness with always looking for something new to delight the senses, thus my favorite idiom...Inspire me, puuuullllllleeeeeeease! ...and I mean it, too. God Bless America!