Banana Honey and Seed Loaf
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1⁄4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1⁄4 cup pepitas (Mexican pumpkin seeds)
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil or 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup banana, mashed
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk or 1/2 cup yoghurt
- 1⁄4 cup oats
- 1⁄4 cup raisins (optional)
- 1 1⁄4 cups self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons honey, extra warmed
- Preheat oven to 180°C or 350°F.
- Grease a loaf tin.
- Combine seeds in a small bowl.
- Place oil, sugar, honey, eggs, banana, buttermilk, oats, raisins, flour, cinnamon and 2/3 of seeds mixture in a bowl.
- Stir until combined.
- Pour into tin and scatter remaining seeds on top.
- Bake for 1 hour or until skewer inserted in centre is clean.
- Brush top with extra honey when still warm.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
this bread was really good. i liked the crunch of the seeds..but maybe too many seeds. i added some nuts to the top. i also used apple sause, not oil. it was easy to make but i think the oven temp is wrong. after an hour at 180 nothing was cooking so i turned it up to 350 and in an hour my bread was done. its moist and i like the honey in it. thanks for a great recipe.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Working mother living in beautiful Sydney, Australia.