Banana Cream Scones
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a bowl.
- Add the butter and cut in with pastry blender until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Mash the bananas, add heavy cream and mix well.
- Combine with flour mixture thoroughly to make soft dough (don't overmix).
- If dough is sticky, add a little more flour. If dry, add a little more cream.
- Knead briefly on a lightly floured surface and then make dough 1/2-inch thick.
- Cut into rounds using a 3-1/2-inch cutter; brush tops with melted butter.
- Sprinkle generously with the 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and 1 cup sugar combined.
- Place scones at least 2 inches apart on non-stick baking sheet.
- Bake in center of oven about 13-15 minutes, or until bottoms are browned.
- Serve warm with butter or jam.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
These scones are very easy to make and turned out very nice! They are very moist and delicious (especially the next day.) I made them twice and will definitely be making them again! The first time I made them, however, I used self-rising flour as called for and they turned out too salty and very puffy. Despite that, they were still tasty, so I made them again with all-purpose flour and had much better results. If you use the self-rising flour, be sure to omit the salt and baking powder.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hey there!~ My name is Crystal. I am 19,and living in Florida. I really love to cook,& bake all the time for my family.I just get so much enjoyment out of it! There is just something about the great aroma throughout the house when you bake something,creating special memories in the kitchen! A little more about me: I am a strict vegetarian,(almost vegan!,heh)but of course my whole family is not,so I cook just about anything! Other than cooking-I like to read,surf the net and create art. My favorite websites are: www.ebay.com & www.witchvox.com (I'm wiccan) Of course,the Zaar has become my favorite website! I love how friendly the people are and how interactive this place is!