MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 30mins
- 450 g bananas
- 225 g dried dates
- 50 g crystallized ginger
- 450 ml white wine vinegar
- lime, juice and zest of
- 1 finely grated orange, juice and zest of
- 225 g sultanas
- 275 g brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- Peel bananas and chop into small pieces.
- Stone and chop the dates and chop the ginger.
- Put all the prepared ingredients in a pot with the vinegar, lime and orange zest and juice, and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat and simmer, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon for 30 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir ober a low heat until the sugar has completely dissolved.
- Return to the boil and simmer, stirring frequently for a further 10-15 minutes, or until the chutney has reduced and thickened.
- Spoon the chutney into warmed sterilixed jars to within 3 mm of the top.
- Seal the jars and label.
- Store in a cool dark place for 1-2 months before using to allow the flavours to develop.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Very good chutney! I'm very pleased with the results! Waiting 1 or 2 months to dig in was impossible to do, and I found it delicious immediately. I made some jars up a month ago now (yielded about 4 cups)and it's just getting better. I used half dried dates and half dried figs and I love the figs in this mix! An easy chutney to make too. I love it and will make again, thank you!Reply