Banana Chocolate Trifle
- Ready In:
- 1hr 35mins
- 1 (18 ounce) package chocolate butter recipe cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant banana pudding mix or (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 2 cups milk
- 6 -8 medium bananas, divided for the layers
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip, divided for layers
- grated chocolate (optional)
- Combine cake ingredients following cake mix directions.
- Bake in 2 round pans for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven to cool on wire racks.
- Mix the pudding following the directions; set aside.
- Peel bananas, slice into 1/4 inch circles into a bowl.
- Slice cooled cake lengthwise through center (there should be 4 thin cakes). Place 1 into large bowl or trifle dish.
- Spread with 1/3 of the pudding.
- Layer some the banana slices over pudding.
- Add 1/4 Cool Whip over bananas layer.
- Repeat: cake layer, pudding, bananas and Cool Whip.
- Layer once more with cake, then remaining Cool Whip.
- Sprinkle with grated chocolate if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
One mix, OK, we all feel the time squeeze---but 3 mixes/instant ingredients YUK! And cool whip is so awful---takes less than 2 minutes to whip real cream in the ol' Kitchen Aid. Rather than use a cake mix, use store-bought angelfood cake, torn in small pieces and toasted, if you like. I just think that if you're going to have dessert, HAVE dessert! Same calories, better taste.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hey there!~ My name is Crystal. I am 19,and living in Florida. I really love to cook,& bake all the time for my family.I just get so much enjoyment out of it! There is just something about the great aroma throughout the house when you bake something,creating special memories in the kitchen! A little more about me: I am a strict vegetarian,(almost vegan!,heh)but of course my whole family is not,so I cook just about anything! Other than cooking-I like to read,surf the net and create art. My favorite websites are: www.ebay.com & www.witchvox.com (I'm wiccan) Of course,the Zaar has become my favorite website! I love how friendly the people are and how interactive this place is!