Banana Bread (Disneyland Resort)
photo by Stephanie Y.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 cups ripe bananas (Mashed)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift together Flour, Salt and Baking Soda -- Set Aside.
- Mix melted Butter and Sugar until well blended.
- Add Eggs one at a time, mixing well after each one.
- Add Water.
- Add Bananas and Vanilla -- Mix well.
- Fold in Flour mixture until well incorporated.
- Grease 2 loaf pans and divide batter equally between the 2 pans.
- Bake for 1 hour or until center of loaf is firm and a toothpick inserted to the center comes out clean.
I have been making this recipe for quite some time now and it quickly became my hubby's favorite. I get asked for this recipe quite often. I happened upon the Disney site recently and it showed another, different recipe than this, a very "cakey" one. Will have to try it as well. This one looks to be the best though. Wherever it came from it's a winner! Thanks for posting!
This is a very bananay banana bread. The small amount of vanilla and no nuts really lets the banana flavor shine. I forgot to take out the bread when the timer went off and ended up overcooking it by quite some time but it still came out moist and delicious. Made for my PAC Premie 09- Thanks for the recipe!