- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- In glass bowl, mash bananas.
- Beat eggs in separate bowl until light.
- Add to bananas.
- Sift together flour sugar salt and baking soda.
- Add to banana mixture, mix until just together.
- Fold in nuts.
- Pour into buttered 9x5-inch loaf pan and bake 1 hour at 350°F.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I think this is probably the recipe my mom used for banana bread. It is credited elsewhere to Fannie Farmer. I must say I was kind of skeptical because the recipe didn't have milk or even cinnamon. But, now that I've tried making it myself, I'm seeing the charm in relying on banana, nuts, and sugar alone for the flavor. It's pretty amazing how flavorful it is for being such a simple list of ingredients. And I love how there are no added oils; and yet the bread is not dry. I guess we have the bananas to thank for that too. Thanks!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in a small town in western colorado and I love to cook. I have 2 children, one is grown and out of the house, the other is in High School. I love reading, birdwatching, growing pretty flowers, Pearl Jam and Colorado Rockies Baseball.