Banana Biscotti Dog/Puppy Treats
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is a great treat for your four-legged loved one. Why not give them a change and offer them a banana?
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 5 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup peanuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups bananas, pureed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Place dry ingredients in large bowl. Make a well in the center.
- Blend egg, oil, vanilla and banana together. Add into the dry ingredients in well. Start combining together.
- Add water, one teaspoon at a time as needed.
- Knead by hand on table until mixed thoroughly. Form into logs approximately 2 - 2 1/2 inches high. Flatten so that log is 6 - 7 inches wide by 1 inch high.
- Place on non-stick baking sheets or lightly greased ones.
- Bake 30 - 40 minutes. Remove and cool for 10 minutes. Slice into 1/2 - 3/4 inch slices.
- Place on baking sheets and bake for about 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool. Store in airtight container.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
These treats where a bit hit with my pups! They where also very easy to prepare. I used 4 cups of whole wheat flour and 1 cup of rolled oats. I also added 1/4 cup of chopped dried cranberries, just because I had some that I wanted to use up. Like the last reviewer, I used a stick blender to puree the bananas (3 medium) and I found that I did not need to add any extra liquid. After the first baking I cut each biscotti slice into three smaller pieces as opposed to the larger slice so I would have smaller treats. The kitchen smelled like banana bread while these were cooking and sure enough the pups all settled in the kitchen to wait while they baked. Thanks for posting this.Reply
Terrific recipe...tried it as written first time, then made a few changes. Use 3 c. whole wheat flour + 2 c. unbleached. Added 1/2 t. baking powder for a higher rise. No need for additional water when using a hand-stick blender to puree bananas (approx. 3 medium). Normally bake the biscotti in the evening so that after the last bake time, they can harden overnight (great for cleaning tartar off the teeth). Both my girls (boxer mix & pit bull puppy) love them...even sleeping in front of the oven overnight! Thanks for a great way to use leftover bananas!Reply
see 3 more