Banana & Apple Brown Betty
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix sugar, salt and cinnamon together; combine with sliced apples and bananas.
- In a skillet, brown bread cubes in the butter.
- Fill buttered baking dish with alternate layers of bread cubes and fruit using bread cubes as top and bottom layers.
- Cover dish and bake 30 minutes.
- Remove cover and bake 15 minutes longer or until apples are tender.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
BF didn't like this at all...Said it was like eating 3 desserts in one...TOO much going on! I didn't like the combination very much either...I'm sorry I wasted the ingredients...I'd have been better off making either an apple dessert, a banana dessert OR a bread pudding, rather than this mishmash :(
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a proud Air Force wife and stay-at-home mom of 3 boys ages 5, 3 & 1, and we are expecting baby #4 in August! Love to cook and was previously loyal to Betty Crocker but am now totally addicted to Recipezaar! (And have been quickly converting my friends one-by-one ever since discovering Recipezaar!) My degree is in Dietetics and I mostly enjoy using Recipezaar to find new healthy recipes to make for my boys and easy and healthy dinner recipes too!