Had this at a friend's and it is fantastic.
- Ready In:
- 6 large bananas (just ripe)
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 orange, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 1⁄2 - 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 cup shredded coconut
- Spray a 9 inch pie plate with nonstick cooking spray. Peel bananas; cut in half crosswise, then cut into quarters lengthwise.
- Dip each piece of banana in orange juice, then arrange banana pieces in pie plate.
- In small bowl, combine remaining orange juice, diced orange, and brown sugar. Spoon mixture over the bananas.
- Bake at 350 for 5-7 minutes or until bananas are soft and glazed.
- Just before serving, sprinkle with cococnut. Can be served either warm or cold.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This was so delicious and so easy to make! I made half the amount and it was good for a snack for 4 of us. I lightly browned the coconut in a frying pan while the fruit was in the oven and I really liked the toasted taste of it. I will just cut the banana into 1" pieces the next time so they stay together better. So good! Made for ZWT7. Thanks Maryland Jim! :)
Wowser! This really surprised me, as I've never made anything like it before! I made it as directed, using bananas just ripe enough to eat, but not so ripe that they were starting to form brown spots. The result is a delightfully fresh-tasting-festive-not-overly-sweet picture perfect dish! DH believes this should be served at any brunch involving guests, complementing French toast and eggs! Thanks, Maryland Jim! Made for ZWT5, Kitchen Witches.
I'm reviewing this with no stars as I think I may have screwed something up...maybe my bananas were too ripe? Or not ripe enough? But it never really came together and the bananas never got soft. So I think I screwed something up somewhere...sorry about that Jim! I had really high hopes for this recipe as it sounded so darn good!! Congrats on winning the football pool!