Balsamic Steak and Blue Cheese Salad
- Ready In:
- 1 (8 ounce) boneless beef top sirloin steaks, 1/2 inch thick
- 1⁄2 balsamic vinaigrette, with extra virgin olive oil dressing divided
- 1 large red pepper, cut into 2-inch-wide strips
- 1⁄2 lb fresh asparagus spear, cleaned (about 4 medium spears)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (5 ounce) bag torn mixed salad greens (about 5 cups)
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Place steak and 1/4 cup of the dressing in large resealable plastic bag; seal bag. Turn bag over several times to evenly coat steak with dressing. Refrigerate 30 minutes to marinate.
- Preheat grill to medium heat. Remove steak from marinade; discard bag and marinade. Grill steak 5 to 10 minute on each side for medium doneness (160°F). Meanwhile, grill peppers and asparagus alongside the steak 5 to 7 minute or until crisp-tender, turning occasionally and brushing with the olive oil. Remove vegetables from grill; cut crosswise in half. Set aside. Remove steak from grill; cut across the grain into thin slices.
- Place greens in large bowl. Add peppers, asparagus and remaining 1/4 cup dressing; toss to coat. Place on serving platter. Top with the steak slices; sprinkle with cheese.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was fabulous! We had already grilled the steak, so we just sliced it thin and I put it in a zip lock bag with 1/2 c balsamic vinaigrette dressing and let it soak for a few hours. The peppers and asparagus were delicious-I just sauted them for about 8 mins in a little olive oil. We will be making this again!!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I have 6 children 4 boys and 2 girl,ilove to cook and try lots of different foods,my real name is Britt and i live in louisiana i like to collect recipes,cookbooks,dolls,and angels,i just started having a intrest in teacups and teapots,i also like amish rag dolls.