Balsamic Rosemary Pork Cutlets
photo by vrvrvr
- Ready In:
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaf, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup canned chicken broth
- 1 lb pork tenderloin, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium high heat.
- Sprinkle pork with rosemary, salt, and pepper.
- Add to pan and cook 3 minutes on each side, or until done.
- Remove pork from pan and keep warm.
- Combine broth, vinegar and honey, stirring with a whisk.
- Add to pan, scraping to loosen browned bits.
- Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 6 minutes or until reduced to 1/3 cup and is as thick as syrup.
- Return pork to pan and cook until thoroughly heated.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
We loved this pork dish!! Excellent flavor - just perfect. I added 1/2 tsp. garlic powder to the chops along with the salt, pepper and rosemary. This went together with ease and produced an entree of which not one speck remains. I served it with macaroni and cheese, peas, and toasted challah bread slathered in butter. Great meal for an icy night! Thanks for a wonderful recipe; I'll most assuredly make it again.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I guess would still consider myself a 'newbie' cook. I love trying new recipes, but am still trying to perfect my techniques. I never grew up learning to cook, and only started when I met my husband. And then it was only on occasion that I would attempt something. After my 3 year old daughter was born, I fugred I should brush up on my skills. So for the past three years I have been trying to cook some good food for the fam. I'm a still a bit slow in the kitchen, so I'm usually looking for quicker meals. 30 minutes usually means an hour for me ;) I'm a waitress, and my husband is also in the food and beverage industry, so we both appreciate good food. We like to eat out as much as we can, anywhere and everywhere. <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket">