Balsamic Poached Chicken
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 1 lb new potato, quartered
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb asparagus, trimmed
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place potatoes in a roasting pan.
- Add the oil and 3/4 tsp of the salt, pepper and toss.
- Roast for 30 minutes, shaking the pan once.
- Add the asparagus to the pan, season with the remaining salt and toss.
- Roast until the asparagus are tender, 12-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, being the broth and vinegar to a boil.
- Add the chicked and if necessary, enough water (up to 1/2 cup) to cover it.
- Simmer for 1 minute.
- Cover and remove from heat, and set aside until cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken to a cutting board.
- Return the liquid to medium-high heat and simmer until reduced to 1/3 cup, about 10 minutes.
- Slice the chicken.
- Divide the ingredients among individual plates.
- Drizzle with the balsamic mixture.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!