Balsamic Plum Preserves
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Southern Living August 2011
- Ready In:
- 4 1⁄2 cups unpeeled and diced plums (about 2 1/2 lb.)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 (1 3/4 ounce) package powdered fruit pectin
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- Stir together all ingredients except basil in a 4-qt. microwave-safe glass bowl.
- Microwave at HIGH 8 minutes (mixture will boil). Stir mixture, and microwave at HIGH 8 to 10 minutes or until thickened. (You're going for the viscosity of pancake syrup here.
- The mixture will thicken to soft-set preserves after it cools and chills.) Stir basil into warm preserves.
- Cool mixture completely (about 2 hours). Serve immediately, or cover and chill preserves in an airtight container until ready to serve. Store in refrigerator up to 3 weeks.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION