- Ready In:
- 6hrs 15mins
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked broccoli, seperated into florets
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked cauliflower, seperated into florets
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 12 baby carrots, sliced
- 1⁄2 sweet onion, sliced thin and seperated into rings
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar, plus
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup finely snipped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine the vegetables in a large glass or ceramic bowl.
- Mix dressing ingredients and pour over vegetables.
- Stir well, cover and refrigerate for 6 to 24 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Cooking time reflects time to marinate vegetables.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
A superbly versatile, very easy and totally scrumptious way to prepare vegetables. This is a recipe I’ll be making again and again during the summer months while our weather is so hot. It could be made with any salad vegetables. I don’t like cauliflower, so instead I added two cups of sliced mushrooms and 1 red pepper, seeded and cut into slices. I wasn’t sure why there were two different amounts of balsamic vinegar listed in the ingredients. I used the ¼ cup specified, then because I had proportionally more vegetables, I did add more (probably half a cup in all) and instead of water I used lambrusca so the dressing was very yummy. I also doubled the garlic and added some roughly chopped fresh basil. This dish was just so refreshing and flavoursome. We enjoyed it over several exceptionally hot evenings. Thank you, Paula, for sharing this wonderful recipe!