Baking Powder Biscuits
- Ready In:
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄3 - 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup cold milk
- Combine flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and cream of tartar.
- Cut in butter until fine.
- Add milk, stirring quickly with a fork, just to moisten.
- Knead gently on a floured board. (Don't handle any more than you have to-- just enough to blend the ingredients)
- Roll out to 1 inch thick and cut out biscuits. (A drinking glass works well for this.)
- Bake on an ungreased cookie sheet at 450 degrees for 12-15 minutes.
Join The Conversation
I love these! The only thing I didnt love about these biscuits was the dough was so sticky/wet/gloppy I had to use a lot of flour to get it under control when trying to roll/cut them. Other than that, they made thick, puffy yet lovely bread-like biscuits. When done, I sliced them in half and made my fianc?e a sausage egg biscuit with a little mayo as well as some Frank's red hot sauce for him. He said it was better than McD's. These biscuits are also the dry kind that you will want to use some kind of condiment on them whether it be sweet or savory. I thank Lucky for the recipe. Its definitely going to become a family recipe.