Bakes - Baking Powder Biscuits from Barbados
- Ready In:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 beaten eggs
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup water (add up to this much only if needed)
- Combine all the dry ingredients.
- Add the melted butter and mix in the eggs, milk and enough water to form a soft workable dough.
- Knead lightly.
- Divide the dough into 10 pieces; form each one into a ball; roll out to a 1 cm (1/2") disk.
- Place on a greased baking sheet and bake at 200 °C (400 °F) for 12-15 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
These are super quick to throw together--wanna know how I know? I left the first batch in the oven and asked DH to pull them out when finished, but apparently he missed the timer and left them in the oven for 30 minutes!! I had 10 minutes left before dinnertime and oversized crackers for a soup-and-bread dinner, but since they were so easy to make I just threw another batch together and dinner was only 5 minutes late. Now THAT is convenient. I will say that I reduced the sugar quite a bit--maybe down to a generous pinch. The texture was great, though, even on the overcooked ones if you cut into them. Thanks for posting, Annacia! Made for ZWT 9, Gourmet Goddesses.
What a great quick and simple biscuit recipe!!! I made 1/2 of the recipe and after cutting out a couple of biscuits, I added some chives for the other 3, as that is my new favorite flavor to add for biscuits, think I am addicted to biscuits!! This is on the sweeter side for biscuits. I didn't add any of the water, just the milk which worked out well to moisten the dry ingredients. I agree with a previous reviewer, this is also a dense biscuit versus flaky, probably due to using melted butter rather then cutting in the fat, but a much quicker & easier route. Thanks Annacia for adding another biscuit for me to try!!! Made for 123 Tag Game.