I got this recipe from a fishing magazine years back and it wound up my make again section. Goes well with a platter of rice or a hot baked potato.
- Ready In:
- 4 walleyed pike fillet
- 6 -8 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup mushroom (sliced)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Dip fish in melted butter, salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- Place fish fillets into shallow baking pan.
- Place mushrooms and onions over the top of fish, then spoon any remaining butter mixture over fish.
- Bake at 350°F for 15-20 minutes until fish flakes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
We tried this last night, and both thought it was very good. However, in the future, I think I will add a few spices to liven things up. Maybe lemon pepper instead of just freshly ground pepper. Not sure yet, have to think about it, but the bits of fish without mushrooms with it were sort of flat.1Reply
Great receipe. The most flavorful Walleye I have ever had. I took a suggestion from an earlier reviewer and added some Tarragon. I like Chervil on seafood so I added a bit with the other ingredients mentioned. Instead of onions, I used shallots because more than 1 person said onions were to strong and didn't cook right. It turned out perfectly, restaurant quality! Here's a before photo. Sorry there is no after photo but it disappeared too quickly!Reply
see 17 more