Baked Tortellini Casserole
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb 97% lean ground beef
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes or (28 ounce) can whole canned tomatoes, crushed by hand
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 (24 ounce) package of fresh cheese tortellini
- 3 cups freshly grated mozzarella cheese
- Sautee onions and garlic in olive oil, until soft.
- Add ground beef and season with salt and pepper.
- Once beef is cooked through, stir in tomatoes and tomato sauce.
- Stir in uncooked, fresh tortellini and 1 1/2 cups of mozzarella cheese.
- Transfer to casserole dish and sprinkle remaining cheese over the top.
- Cover tightly with foil and baked at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!