Baked Shrimp With Orzo and Feta
- Ready In:
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (28 ounce) can fire roasted diced tomatoes, undrained (preferably Muir Glen or RedStar)
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 1⁄4 cups uncooked orzo pasta (cooked and drained as directed on package)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs uncooked deveined peeled large shrimp, tail shells removed (25-30 count)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 6 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- Heat oven to 400°F. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) baking dish with vegetable cooking spray.
- In 12-inch skillet, heat 4 tablespoons of the oil over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir about 5 minutes or until softened. Add garlic, 1/2 teaspoon of the salt, 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper, the oregano and pepper flakes; cook 2 minutes. Add tomatoes and wine; cook 3 minutes. Remove from heat. Add cooked orzo; stir gently to combine. Pour mixture into prepared baking dish.
- In medium bowl, mix shrimp and remaining 2 tablespoons oil, the lemon juice, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Toss to coat.
- Place shrimp on top of pasta in baking dish. Scatter feta cheese on top. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until heated through and shrimp is pink and opaque. Garnish with parsley.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm just me, mother, grandmother...friend to many and a Louisianian. My Cajun and French Quarter Italian descent afforded me exposure to some of the best of foods. My passions are my family, decorating, cooking and gardening. Those very passions push me into constant awareness with always looking for something new to delight the senses, thus my favorite idiom...Inspire me, puuuullllllleeeeeeease! ...and I mean it, too. God Bless America!