Baked Salmon With Horseradish Mayonnaise
- Ready In:
- 1 salmon fillet, cut into 4 pieces (1 lb total)
- 2 tablespoons shallots, finely-chopped
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine or 1/4 cup vermouth
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons light sour cream
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons freshly-grated horseradish or 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 2 teaspoons drained capers (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Prepare a shallow roasting pan or baking dish with nonstick pan spray.
- Place the salmon fillets, skin-side down, in the pan.
- Sprinkle the shallots over the slices; pour wine evenly over all.
- Bake 6 to 8 minutes, or until the fish is opaque.
- While the fish is cooking, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice, horseradish, and capers, if desired, in a small bowl; mix well.
- Transfer the salmon and shallots to warm serving plates with a slotted spatula.
- Top each serving with a heaping tablespoon of horseradish mayonnaise.
- Garnish with capers, if desired.
- Exchanges Per Serving: 4 Lean Meat.
- Nutrition Facts: Calories 231; Calories from Fat 113; Fat 13g; Saturated Fat 2g; Cholesterol 82mg; Sodium 121mg; Carbohydrates 2g; Dietary Fiber 0g; Sugars 1g; Protein 25g.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Hi and thanks for visiting my AM page. My name is Vicki and I love to cook. I've always been an avid collector of recipes and cookbooks - in fact I have over 1200 cookbooks on my computer alone.</p> 8724165"