Baked Rigatoni With Ricotta and Sausage
- Ready In:
- 1hr 25mins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly oil a deep 2 ½ quart baking dish.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- In a large frying pan over med-high heat, warm the oil.
- Add the sausage and sauté, breaking up the sausage with a spoon, until browned, about 6 minutes.
- Drain any excess fat from the pan.
- Stir in the tomato sauce and olives, season to taste with salt and pepper, and set aside.
- Add 2 tablespoons salt and the pasta to the boiling water.
- Cook, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking, until the pasta is not quite al dente, about 2 minutes less than package directions.
- Drain, rinse under cold running water, and drain again.
- Return the pasta to the cooking pot and gently stir in the tomato-sausage mixture and ricotta cheese.
- Spread the pasta and sauce in the prepared dish and sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese.
- Bake until golden and bubbly, about 25 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!