Baked Rice With Cheese and Tomatoes
photo by Karen Elizabeth
- Ready In:
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 white onions, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 ripe tomatoes, peeled, seeded, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups rice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf, small
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons swiss cheese, grated
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a casserole melt butter and sautee onions and garlic until soft.
- Stir in the tomatoes, rice, salt, thyme and bay leaf, blending well.
- Pour in the chicken broth, stirring.
- Cover casserole, bring to a boil, and place in pre-heated oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove cover, discard bay leaf, stir in two cheeses, and heat in the oven for 2 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!