Baked Potato Quiche (With Potato Crust)
- Ready In:
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 3 cups instant potato flakes
- 1⁄4 cup cold butter
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 5 eggs
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, Shredded
- Prepare crust: Beat 1 egg and 2 tablespoons of sour cream together until blended. Set aside. Place the instant potato flakes and salt ina food processor. Pulse 2 times to combine. Cube the cold butter and add to the potato flakes. Pulse until well combined and there are no large chunks of butter. Add the shredded cheese and pulse 2-3 times. Stream in the egg/sour cream mixture into the food processor while it runs. When well combined remove from the food processor and press evenly into a 9-inch quiche pan or pie pan (much like you would with a crumb crust.) Place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before using.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Baked the prepared crust for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- Whisk together the 5 eggs, evaporated milk, sour cream, mustard, hot sauce, salt, and pepper.
- Into the warm prepare crust evenly add the Swiss cheese, then the bacon and green onions. Pour over the egg mixture and fill (if you have some egg mixture left over that is fine.).
- Sprinkle the top with the shredded cheddar.
- Carefully place the quiche in the oven and bake for 40-50 minutes until the eggs have set. Allow to set for 10-15 minutes before cutting. Can be served warm or at room temperature.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!