Baked Pork Chops With Cinnamon Apples
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
My own creation after experimenting with different apple pork recipes.
- Ready In:
- 4 -6 center cut pork boneless pork chops
- 3 granny smith apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- sea salt and pepper
- olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- Lay pork chops on a baking sheet, lightly coat with olive oil, then thyme, and sea salt and pepper to your liking. Rub the seasonings into the meat and set aside.
- In a sauce pan, combine the brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, water and apples. Bring to a boil, and then simmer for 20 minutes or until apples are tender. Combine the flour with a tablespoon of cold water to dissolve. Add flour mixture to the apples and return to a boil for 5 minutes or until sauce begins to thicken. If the mixture becomes too thick, you can add more water, and likewise, if it's too thin, you can add more flour-water.
- Place porkchops in the preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes. Top the chops with the apples and return to baking for another 10 minutes.
- This is great with steamed green beans, and is a healthy alternative to other apple pork dishes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION