Baked Pork Chops in a Wine Sauce
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup sliced onion
- 1⁄2 cup diced celery
- 4 pork loin chops, broiled until rare
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup water, plus
- 4 tablespoons water, divided
- 2 medium tomatoes, blanched,peeled,seeded,and chopped
- 1 packet instant chicken broth, and seasoning mix
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large skillet that is stove top and oven proof, add onion, celery, and garlic and saute until translucent.
- Add pork chops, mushrooms, wine basil, salt, and pepper and bring liquid to a boil.
- Cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in 1 cup water, the tomatoes and both mix. Can add another 1/2 cup if it appears to have not enough broth for you.
- Have it come to a boil once again.
- Remove skillet from heat and cover.
- Place skillet in oven and bake for 45 to 50 minutes.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine 4 Tablespoons of water with the 2 teaspoons cornstarch.
- Stir until cornstarch is dissolved.
- Stir cornstarch into liquid and bring to a boil and cook until mixture thickens.
- Serve with sprinkled parsley.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a mother of three and live in central Pennsylvania. My children were very active in after school activities and found we weren't spending anytime together at meal time. In 1998, I decided to start cooking my dinners in a crockpot so that we could have a home cooked meal together once everyone came home. My children now get so excited to see what we are having to eat and love the smell when they walk in the door. My family calls me the crock pot queen. LOL I use my crock pot everyday of the year. <br> <br>My three children are now in college and before they come home they request their favorite meal. I still continue to cook in the crock pot for my husband and I. It is nice after a long day to know your meal is ready. It also helps in keeping my grocery bill down. With zaar, I can print my shopping list and that is all I purchase is the ingredients on that list. <br> <br>Now, my two daughters have been crock pot cooking while in college. They find it is easy to cook for the themselves and their friends. It is an easy way to have friends over for dinner after classes <br> <br>I still love trying new recipes and purchasing cookbooks, especially crock pot cookbooks. <br> <br>Happy Cooking!