Baked Pork Chop Goulash
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 2 pork chops
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chives, chopped (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 (19 ounce) can diced tomatoes in tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon sriracha asian garlic sauce or 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 8 ounces uncooked elbow macaroni
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. When hot, add olive oil and turn skillet to coat.
- Place pork chops in skillet to brown for 1-2 minutes on each side. Season with salt as you flip the pork chops. Remove pork chops onto a plate and set aside.
- To the skillet, add the onion and saute until softened, 2-3 minutes.
- Add chives, black pepper, garlic powder, paprika, brown sugar, tomatoes (with juice), hot sauce and water. Stir and bring to a boil.
- Remove skillet from heat. Fold in the macaroni and top with the reserved pork chops.
- Place skillet into a 350F oven and bake for 50 minutes or until pasta and pork are done. During the final 10 minutes, check to see if any additional water is needed. If so, drizzle 1/4 cup over the top and continue baking until done.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm just me, mother, grandmother...friend to many and a Louisianian. My Cajun and French Quarter Italian descent afforded me exposure to some of the best of foods. My passions are my family, decorating, cooking and gardening. Those very passions push me into constant awareness with always looking for something new to delight the senses, thus my favorite idiom...Inspire me, puuuullllllleeeeeeease! ...and I mean it, too. God Bless America!