Baked Peppers Au Gratin
photo by loof751
- Ready In:
- 8 large bell peppers (different colors make for a nice presentation)
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Cut the peppers in half lengthwise. Remove the seeds and pith. Slice into 1/2 wide strips.
- Coat a roasting pan with the olive oil.
- Add the peppers and remaining ingredients. Toss to coat.
- Roast at 400 degrees for 40 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Simple yet delicious way to prepare peppers! I cut this back to 2 peppers and basically eyeballed the ingredient quantities (probably used more garlic than called for). Great as is, next time I may add a sprinkling of crushed red pepper flakes. Served with some cheese toast for a filling and healthy lunch - thanks for sharing your recipe! Made for the Best of 2011 event, recommended by Chocolatl
see 1 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I am a trained chef, but my career has taken a back seat to my family and my sanity. I do work part time as a pastry chef/prep cook/expo at a small restaurant. It's really nice to work part time and do something I love.</p> <p>I have a five year old son, a newborn baby girl (as of 2013) and have been married for 8 years. <br /><br /><br /></p>