Baked Pecan Sweet Potatoes
photo by lazyme
- Ready In:
- 1hr 25mins
- 4 large sweet potatoes, scrubbed (about 3 1/2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 1⁄4 cups unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prick each potato several times over the skin with a fork. Place the potatoes in a small baking pan, and bake until the potatoes are tender, about 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Remove potatoes from the oven; set aside until cool enough to handle.
- While the potatoes are sill warm, remove their skins. Transfer the potato flesh to the bowl of a food processor. Add the cream, 4 tablespoons of butter, salt and paprika to the sweet potato flesh. Process until the potatoes are smooth.
- Butter a 3-quart casserole dish. Transfer the potatoes to the casserole dish. In a medium skillet, melt the remaining butter and brown sugar over low heat, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat and immediately stir in the pecans. Pour the pecan mixture over the top of the sweet potatoes.
- Bake 25 minutes or until the potatoes are hot and bubbling. If the top is getting too brown, cover the pan with aluminum foil.
- Serve warm.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Great little light dinner tonight. I did leave out the salt, though. Other than that recipe made as written. Some of the best sweet potatoes we have had in a long time, loved the addition of the brown sugar, and the pecans. Great side, or even a nice meal in itself. Made for your win in Football Pool.