Baked Parmesan Garlic Chicken Wings
- Ready In:
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 1⁄2 lbs chicken wings
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt (like Lawry's)
- 1 cup blue cheese dressing
- 1 -2 teaspoon Dijon mustard (or to taste)
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- In a small bowl, mix together the oregano, rosemary, cumin and salt.
- Lay the chicken wings on a baking sheet and season the chicken wings with this mixture.
- Bake the chicken wings for 20-25 minutes.
- While the chicken is baking, mix together the oil, fresh basil, garlic, parmesan cheese and seasoning salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the blue cheese dressing with the mustard (this is your dipping sauce).
- When the chicken is cooked through, toss the wings with the garlic/cheese/butter sauce.
- Serve with the blue cheese/mustard dressing.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
We really did like the taste of these wings.. great flavor, but I found the "oil,' (or butter, or oil and butter) and the seasonings and parmesan did not leave a dry mix to put on the wings It wasn't wet either. and altho it tasted wonderful, I think there must be a better way of using the final step. It really was a challenge to get it to stick to the wings. It is wonderful with the blue cheese dip.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a 35 single mom of one wonderful 16 year old son who happens to be the world's pickiest eater. I'm a human resource director for a non-profit private special education school. Cooking is my #1 hobby. Ironically, I became interested in all things cullinary after I had gastric bypass surgery 7 years ago. Losing that much weight & as quickly as I did really changed my relationship with food. (I lost 128 lbs - 258 lbs before, 130 lbs now)