Baked Onion With Pomegranate Syrup (Firinda Nar Eksili Sogan)
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
From turkishcookbook.com. I opted to broil the onions instead of baking at four hundred degrees in the original recipe. We enjoyed the onions served over baby arugula/rocket/rockette-an intense combination of flavors!
- Ready In:
- 2 medium red onions, peeled and quartered
- cracked black pepper
- pomegranate syrup, about 1 tablespoon
- baby arugula leaf (optional, my addition)
- Preheat the oven on the BROIL setting.
- Arrange the onions quarters on an ovenproof grill pan or parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle pomegranate syrup all over the onion.
- Set the oven rack on the middle position and broil until the onion is tender and caramelized approximately 20 minutes, turning occasionally to broil evenly.
- If desired, serve onions over baby arugula leaves or mixed greens, pouring any residual sauce over the vegetables.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This is delicious. I used sweet onions as that is what I had on hand. I did add more Iranian pomegranate molasses than 1 tbs. I knew we love it. I used sea salt, freshly cracked pepper, and did serve it with baby greens that included baby arugula. I served this dish with a very dolled up Persian style rice with lots of vegetarian additions/no saffron and Balkan yogurt to eat it with on the side. Made for NA*ME Tag! Come play!!Reply