Baked-On Cookie Frosting
photo by Greeny4444
- Ready In:
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened (5 1/3 Tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons hot water
- colored crystal sugar, for decorating (optional)
- Combine all of the frosting ingredients in small bowl, with a hand mixer, until smooth.
- Spoon the frosting in plastic resealable food bag.
- Cut a very small tip from one corner. Decorate cookies with frosting to create desired designs. Sprinkle with sugar, if using.
- Bake as directed on the cookie recipe. If desired, sprinkle with sugar again while still warm.
- Tip: If frosting is too thick, stir in 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon hot water; if too thin, stir in 1 to 2 teaspoons flour.
- For cinnamon-vanilla frosting: Substitute vanilla extract for the hot water and add 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon.
- For lemon frosting: Substitute fresh lemon juice for the hot water. You can add 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest for extra flavor, if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am an active lady, and I am not the top chef in the world, but I can hold my own. I love making things that remind me of when I was little, I love trying out new recipes, and I love learning new things to cook. Most of the recipes I post are recipes I loved that I found online, but that I have tweaked just a bit. I do have some family recipes on here too. I love to bake, probably more than anything else in the kitchen. I love to bike ride. I like to read, travel, kayak (I've only been twice, but I loved it), hike, camp, basically any outdoorsy/active stuff.?