Baked Mozzarella Cheese Sticks
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 40mins
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 12 pieces mozzarella string cheese
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- 1 cup heated marinara sauce or 1 cup spaghetti sauce
- butter or margarine
- In a small bowl, beat eggs& water.
- In a plastic bag, combine bread crumbs, italian seasoning, garlic powder, and pepper.
- Coat cheese sticks in flour, then dip in egg mixture and bread crumb mixture.
- Repeat egg and bread crumb coatings.
- Cover and chill for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet& drizzle with butter.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400 degrees for 6-8 minutes or until heated through.
- Allow to stand for 3-5 minutes before serving.
- Use marinara or spaghetti sauce for dipping.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
We had these on vacation when we were getting to the end of the week, had too much mozzarella & spaghetti sauce, eggs, butter, flour tortillas and a few other things to use up. Made them for lunch (the night before) . Processed some flour tortillas (bread crumbs), added Adobo. Cut my block of mozzarella into “sticks”, dipped in my “breading” & eggs. They turned out great! They will be a repeat & took a little longer to brown up nice