Baked Moroccan Salmon Patties With Garlic Aioli
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 cup couscous
- 2⁄3 cup orange juice
- 1 lb salmon, cooked and flaked
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained and squeezed dry
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple tidbits, drained and squeezed dry
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- breadcrumbs, for coating patties
- Aioli: In a food processor or blender combine mayonnaise, garlic, and paprika. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Prepare couscous according to package directions using the 2/3 cup of orange juice in place of water.
- Combine the cooked couscous,salmon, drained spinach, drained pineapple, egg yolks, garlic, cumin, black pepper, and salt. If mixture is too wet, let sit for 20 minutes to absorb liquid.
- Form into patties and roll in breadcrumbs.
- Place cakes on cookie sheet lightly srpayed with pam or olive oil.
- Bake for 30 minutes, flipping onece mid-way through cooking.
- Serve with garlic mayonnaise.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
My husband and I just relocated from Texas to North Carolina for the first big adventure of our married lives. I recently finished my MSEd in Public Health and am waiting to see if I am accepted to a PhD program here in NC. My passions include: traveling, working with my church, painting, and of course cooking! And my addiction...reading food blogs. I have recently been given the honor of organizing, deciphering, and compiling my great-grandmother's and great-great grandmother and grandfather's recipes into a famliy cookbook. If you have any expertise in this area I'd love to hear your tips. With this, please note that those recipes that are noted as being from my great-grandmother are frequently merely a list of ingrediants, missing cooking time and temp, etc. I have not made many of these old family recipes, so if you choose to prepare them please help us all by posting the cooking info with your review. <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg">