Baked Mexican Pie
- Ready In:
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 2⁄3 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can green chilies, chopped
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of onion soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 5 (12 inch) flour tortillas
- 3 cups monterey jack pepper cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Using a 12-inch cast-iron skillet, cook beef with taco seasoning and broth over medium heat; drain.
- In the same skillet, melt butter. Cook onion, garlic and green onion in butter until tender. Add green chilies, soup and meat, stirring well. Transfer mixture to a medium bowl.
- Wipe skillet clean with a paper towel. Lightly spray skillet with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine enchilada sauce and beans, whisking well.
- In prepared skillet, layer 1 tortilla, half of meat mixture, 1 tortilla and half of bean mixture. Repeat once more, ending with tortilla. Top with cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until cheese is browned.
- Garnish with sour cream, chopped green onions and chopped tomatoes, if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
My daughter and I really enjoyed this. I had 6 leftover tortillas in the fridge and this was the perfect recipe to use them. I didn't have a 12 in. cast iron skillet, so I used my 12 in. nonstick skillet and it worked well. We like Mexican and this was easier than rolling the enchiladas., Thanks for a good recipe. Next time I will serve it with additional taco sauce at the table.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Die hard Cleveland Indians fan GO TRIBE - loves spending time with my family, when we have the time, my DH and I love to golf. While I like to cook quick & easy meals for my DH and myself, I also enjoy spending a day or two in the kitchen preparing big family meals like for Thanksgiving.