Baked Meatballs & Cauliflower (Atkins)
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 lb ground veal
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb ground pork
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 head cauliflower, separated into small florets
- 1 large roasted red pepper, rinsed and patted dry (homemade or jarred)
- 10 kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- salt and pepper
- 1. Heat oven to 375°In a skillet, over high heat, cook onion 5 minutes, until softened; add garlic and cook 1 minute more. Transfer to a bowl and mix in ground meats, cheese, eggs, salt, and pepper.
- 2. Roll golf ball-size meatballs; arrange on a jelly roll pan. Bake 20-25 minutes, until browned and cooked through.
- 1. Bring a medium saucepan of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook cauliflower 6-7 minutes until tender but firm. While cauliflower is cooking, cut red pepper into thin strips.
- 2. Drain cauliflower. Mix in red peppers, olives, olive oil and parsley. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!