Baked Honey Soy & Garlic Drumsticks
photo by The Flying Chef
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 500 ml reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 kg chicken drumstick
- chopped spring onions or chives, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- In a large baking dish, combine the stock with the remaining ingredients and marinate for 30 minutes or more if time allows.
- Bake uncovered for 1 hour, turning chicken once or twice, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve on a bed of steamed rice or mashed potatoes, and spoon any remaining sauce from pan over the top.
- Garnish with chopped sprng onions or chives, if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Great recipe Tisme. I put the chicken and marinade in a ziplock and set in the fridge for several hours. When I was ready to bake, I placed the chicken in the pan, and poured only enough liquid to come half way up the drumsticks. There was still quite a bit of liquid in the pan after baking, but that's no big deal. The meat was flavourful and very tender. Next time I make this, I'll probably add more garlic. Made for the Auzzie/NZ Recipe Swap #32
This recipe is awesome.. I loved the marinade totally delicious... I did up both the amounts of the garlic and ginger just our preference.. I marinated in the morning and cooked that night and the flavour that came through was delicious.. I also reserved a portion of the marinade and boiled it on the stove thickened with a little cornflour and used it as a sauce and it was so yummy.. I served ours over egg fried rice topped with some spinach and then the legs and it was a super yummy meal that we will definitely be enjoying again.. Loved how crispy the skin got, I also only poured a portion of the marinade in with chicken whilst cooking which allowed ample juices for basting and got the super crispy skin and also allowed for me to boil sauce and thicken just lovely.. A huge thumbs up from my family Tisme great combination of flavours and is on our regular menu for sure..
see 6 more reviews