Baked Ham Sandwich
This comes from a Kraft recipe booklet. It was passed on to me from my brother so I do not know if he altered it in anyway. It is very good and simple.
- Ready In:
- 1 large round Italian bread
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 bunches green onions, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 8 slices black forest ham, sliced thick
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese or 2 cups cheddar cheese
- Saute mushrooms in butter. Set aside to cool.
- Cut top off bread and scoop out the inside leaving 1/2" crust. Reserve bread for other recipes.
- Fill the hollowed out bread with alternating layers of ham, mushrooms, onions, tomato, and cheese.
- Replace the top of the bread loaf and wrap in two layers of heavy duty foil.
- Place on cookie sheet and bake on middle rack at 350F for about 40-45 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION