Baked Gon Lo Mein
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 1 lb chow mein noodles, ready to eat (I use a 6 oz pkg of chuka soba chow mein which weighs just over 1 lb prepared)
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil (to stir-fry noodles)
- 2 cups bean sprouts (8 oz)
- 3 green onions, cut into 1-inch lengths
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced (optional)
- 3 stalks celery, sliced diagonally (1 cup)
- 2 cups bok choy, shredded
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1⁄2 lb char siu pork, sliced and cut into bite-sized pieces (leftover Barbecued Pork--Chinese Style works great)
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce (shoyu)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Lightly grease a 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Mix noodles, vegetables, sesame, and char siu, and place in pan (the chuka soba noodles I use direct you to stir-fry the noodles after boiling them, and I stir-fry them with the onions and bean sprouts before mixing in the other veggies and meat, and putting it in the baking pan).
- Mix sauce ingredients, and lace noodle mixture with sauce.
- Seal with foil.
- Bake at 325°F for 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and loosen foil immediately to let steam escape (so vegetables don't overcook).
- Serve hot or cold.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!