Baked Garlic, Brie, and Bread
photo by Bergy
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the tops off of the garlic, so that the cluster of cloves can be seen. Do not seperate cloves.
- Baste with oil and sprinkle lightly with Thyme.
- Place garlic on a medium piece of foil and then wrap foil around garlic, until it is complelety wrapped up in foil.
- Bake in oven for 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 mins. Allow to cool.
- Serve baked garlic with crusty French bread and Brie cheese.
- Squeeze garlic onto bread slices and alternate with slices of Brie on bread (you can also combine garlic and Brie slices, but it is quite rich).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
2007 I thought that I would edit my home page...its been over two years, so I its time to update! I have lived in beautiful New Mexico for the last few years (Albuquerque), after 20 years of living on the West Coast (San Francisco and Seattle). I love many things about New Mexico - the perfect weather, in particular; the sunsets; the open land; and the great Southwest food - but also sometimes miss the energy of bigger cities. I am a mental health therapist, who loves my work! I love to cook (a passion that I discovered after getting married). Rather than cooking a few favorites on a regular basis, I prefer to collect recipes (primarily from the Internet), and try new things often (in fact, my husband jokes that he will try a new dish that he loves and then never see it again :-)). I also love to read, write, travel, work on personal growth, and study/learn. I am a total water baby, who lives in the desert, so I love traveling to tropical locations, where I especially love to snorkle and boggie board! I am very happily married to my best friend, soulmate, partner, and greatest cheerleader and supporter, and we have three grown children, and four grandchildren (so far :-))I am a total foodie (I "live to eat" instead of "eat to live.") :-) I love everything about food...cooking; the delicious scents of a yummy dish, as it cooks; the beautiful presentation of wonderful food; dining out; dining in; the taste of great food; sitting around the table, with friends and family, eating, talking and laughing; nurturing those I love by cooking for them...all of the senusal pleasures that food brings! My favorite Internet site for yummy recipes is this one - and I almost always choose recipes with five-star ratings, so please keep on reviewing! :-)