Baked Fish from Iceland
photo by MarieRynr
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven at 180° celsius.
- Butter a baking-dish.
- Put the fillets into the baking-dish.
- Season the fillets with salt, pepper and freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Cover the fish with ground cheese.
- Mix mustard with cream and pour it over fish fillets.
- Cover with breadcrumbs.
- Bake the fillets for 35 minutes.
- Serve with rice or noodles.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
It turned out very good. I used a thick grouper fillet, which is also a very white mild fish. I didn't change any ingredients, but I did add the lemon juice with the cream and mustard rather than squeezing the lemon on with the salt and pepper. I just felt it blended in better. I used a mild swiss cheese fresh grated.<br/><br/>Depending on the thickness of the fish will adjust your cooking time. I cooked mine for 15 and then flipped on the broiler for 2 minutes is all, just to lightly brown.<br/><br/>For a garnish I served it with a lemon slice and fresh chopped parsley<br/>Very nice and very easy, thx
Our FAVORITE fish recipe to date! It's just one of those recipes that tastes so much better than you would imagine from the simple ingredients. I would give it 10 stars if I could. I'm glad we found it, as we were searching Icelandic recipes and it didn't come up- luckily for us we tried Iceland as a keyword, too.