Baked Fish Fillets Piquant
photo by teresas
- Ready In:
- 1 cup white dinner wine
- 1 lb fish fillet (I use fillet of sole)
- unseasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- Marinate fish fillets for 1 hours in wine.
- Drain fillets on paper towels.
- Dip both sides of fish in crumbs.
- Arrange in greased shallow baking dish.
- Mix Mayonnaise, onion, sour cream, and spread evenly over fish.
- Cover with thin layer of crumbs.
- Dust with paprika.
- Bake at 500 degrees F for 10 minutes or until fish flakes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
We really enjoyed this dish...I didn't taste any wine...but I expected that...I used cod that was on the thick side...it was cooked perfectly...I had so much mayo mixture left that I used it for the hubby's required mayo/ketchup sauce to dip his fish in...it really did taste good...he liked the addition of sour cream and onion...made for "FYC" tag game...
Made as directed using flounder filets, Panko breadcrumbs, and red onion. This recipe has a beautiful mild flavor. We sprinkled a dash of paprika and parsley flakes just before baking for color. The only drawback was the fish was overcooked, giving it a texture of canned tuna. The mayo/sour cream mixture lends to the unique flavor of this recipe. Thanks for sharing. :)
see 2 more reviews