Baked Eggs in Holes
photo by Sassy J
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 6 multigrain bread, slices
- 6 large eggs
- fresh ground black pepper
- shredded cheese
- chopped fresh herb
- diced avocado
- chopped tomato
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a large rimmed sheet pan with parchment paper or foil sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Spread butter on both sides of each bread slice and place on prepared pan.
- Using a 2 to 2 1/2 inch cookie cutter or glass, cut a round from the center of each bread slice.
- Bake in oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and turn bread over.
- Carefully crack 1 egg into the center of each bread slice.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 7-9 minutes, rotating pan halfway through, until egg whites are set but yolks are still runny.
- Using a large pancake lifter, transfer each serving to a plate.
- Serve immediately with any of the suggested toppings.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!