Baked Eggs and Popped Beans
photo by giani23
- Ready In:
- 1 (10 ounce) can Ro-Tel tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 (14 ounce) can cannellini beans
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 4 eggs
- Rinse and drain the beans, and add to a hot non-stick pan with the fennel seeds and a pinch of black pepper.
- Occasionally shaking the pan, continue to fry until the skins pop.
- Drain off some of the liquid in canned tomatoes and add to the pan with a squirt of lemon juice.
- Add the eggs and cover, cooking until the eggs are the desired doneness, 3-4 minutes for soft and runny.
- Serve with balsamic, hot sauce and/or your favorite condiments. Jamie suggested toast and ricotta on the side. Keeping this appropriate for a low gi meal, be careful about the bread.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!