Baked Creamed Spinach
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
I found this originally as a Passover spinach dish, but I liked it so much that I eat it year-round. If using it for Passover, substitute matzo meal for the bread crumbs.
- Ready In:
- 20 ounces frozen chopped spinach, cooked and drained
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces cream cheese or 8 ounces light cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs (Matzo meal can be substituted)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 eggs, well beaten
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place hot spinach in a medium size bowl. Add cream cheese and sour cream and blend well.
- Stir in bread crumbs (or matzo meal) and seasonings.
- Add beaten eggs.
- Pour into a 8 inch square baking dish coated in cooking spray.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Hello Karen67, we love this recipe! It is just what I was looking for! However, I did make a few changes; used grated onions instead of onion powder, used minced garlic instead of garlic powder, added a pinch of white pepper & also Parmesan cheese. It was wonderful! We have been looking for recipes for creamed spinach and this is one of the ones that has come out on top. Thank you for sharing, Diane :=)Reply
see 2 more