Baked Couscous Patties
photo by myfoodjunction
- Ready In:
- 1 cup couscous
- 2 fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large bell pepper, chopped
- 2 green chilies, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 6 teaspoons yoghurt
- 1 1⁄2 cups boiling water
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt (adjust to taste)
- Pour the boiling water over the couscous.
- Cover, and let it stand.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet.
- Saute the chopped onion till golden brown.
- Add the green chillies and bell pepper and saute till tender.
- Add the tomatoes and cook till the juices dry.
- Add mustard powder, cumin powder and salt and stir for a minute.
- Remove from the heat and wait for the mixture to cool down.
- Fluff up the couscous with a fork and add the cooked mixture to it, stirring well.
- Add the yoghurt and season with oregano.
- Preheat the oven to 175°F.
- Take handfuls of the couscous mixture and shape into patties.
- Place the patties in a lightly greased baking tray.
- Bake until patties are golden brown and crisp--it took me 12 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!