Baked Cod With a Ginger-Corn Sauce
This elegant dish goes great served with a baked potato and side salad.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄3 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup corn
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger (small slice)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 cup panko breadcrumbs, to coat (or bread crumbs)
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cod fish fillets
- olive oil
- fresh chives
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Puree all sauce ingredients in a blender and blend well. Pour into a small saucepan and cook over medium-low heat. Stirring occasionally, cook until thickened. Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Meanwhile, in a shallow dish, mix Panko and seasonings. Brush fish fillets lightly with olive oil. Place fish bottom side down and place some Panko mixture on top, pressing firmly. Carefully place on baking sheet. Bake 15-20 minutes.
- Spoon the ginger-corn sauce onto 2 serving plates and top with fish. Garnish with fresh chives and serve immediately.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 2 more