Baked Coconut Shrimp
Found in March 2013 Women's Health
- Ready In:
- 20 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄3 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 2 2 tablespoons mango jam or 2 tablespoons preserves
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°F Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment and spray with olive-oil cooking spray.
- 2. Rinse shrimp and set aside. In a plastic ziplock bag, combine panko, coconut, cayenne pepper, and chili powder. Shake to mix, then set aside.
- 3. Put flour and egg in separate small dishes. In batches of five, dredge shrimp in flour, then dip into egg. Shake gently in the bag with the coconut mixture until coated.
- 4. Place breaded shrimp on the baking sheet and lightly coat with cooking spray, then bake for 10 minutes, or until shrimp are firm to the touch and coconut begins to brown.
- 5. Combine chili sauce and jam in a saucepan or microwave-safe bowl. Heat over medium-low heat for 5 minutes, or on HIGH in the microwave for 30 seconds. Stir, then serve with shrimp.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION