Baked Chicken in Mozzarella Sauce
- Ready In:
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup milk
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 1 dash thyme
- 1 dash salt (omit if using bullion for chicken stock)
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to about 350.
- Mix garlic, ginger, and olive oil in a skillet until garlic starts to brown.
- Brown chicken breasts and transfer to baking pan.
- Put chicken in the oven while making the sauce.
- Turn down burner to medium heat. Add chicken stock, thyme, and salt to pan. Mix in all the remaining garlic and ginger bits. Add milk and cream cheese. Allow the cream cheese to melt and whisk well to mix everything. Add mozzarella, mix well, and let sit until everything melts together and sauce turns into a "big goopy mess".
- Pour onto chicken breasts. Put them back in the oven for about 20-30 minutes or until internal temp is correct.
- Excellent with a 'plain' side dish such as brown rice, some noodles, or even just a spinach bedding.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm Ket: A stay-at-home mom of two beautiful girls; a full-time veterinary technology student; a farm hand, goat herder, and chicken chaser; and an amateur cook! I love baking the most, but cooking with spices is a favorite too. I strive to feed my family whole food meals while sticking to a fairly tight budget. I make 90% of my meals from scratch.